Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management
November 1998 – February 2009
• Documentation and Curriculum for Fusion applications for Oracle Inventory
• Improve quality and usability of information development process through analysis and interpretation of work produced by writing staff
• Evaluate changes to tools, technologies, systems, processes and translation models and produce recommendations to Director, Documentation
• Ensure team deliverables are completed on-time and on-budget to ensure project success
• Identify training needs and resource gaps and work with managers to create and execute team training
• Set documentation team objectives and align with overall division goals
• Provide copy editorial and proofreading services to staff writers
• Write documentation to satisfy short-term deliverables in a lean manufacturing environment
Technical Documentation Manager
Macbeth Division of Kollmorgen Corporation and GretagMacbeth LLC
March 1986 – September 1998
• Managed engineering publications and developed online help, online manuals, CE Mark translations, and paper manuals for a $60MM business specializing in products serving: color data formulation and management, graphic arts and photography, controlled lighting, and physical color standards (Munsell color).
• Managed engineering documentation department and developed a plan to convert the engineering change order process to a paperless environment.
Junior Partner, AA&MC
1984 – 1986
Associate Creative Director and Copywriter for development of marketing and advertising programs.
Clients included: Damon Diagnostics, Becton Dickinson Automated Immunochemistry, Diagnon, Macbeth, Division of Kollmorgen, Bioanalytics
1983 – 1984 (1 year)
Provided marketing and advertising services for the Corning Medical account.
Stuart Williams Associates
1981 – 1983
Provided account services management and creative copy direction for these clients:
• Becton Dickinson Automated Immunochemistry (Aria and Aria II products and reagents)
• Amersham Corporation radioimmunoassay products
• Damon Diagnostics
• Authored “What’s up?”—a monthly communication to the clinical laboratory community
Union Carbide Corporation
1976 – 1980 (4 years)
Provided research and development services for these radioimmunoassays: T3-Uptake, T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine), Insulin, and Cortisol. Wrote clinical trial documentation for thyroid product panels.
Designed and ran clinical trials at:
• Johns Hopkins
• Mount Sinai
• Ochsner Health System
• University of Nebraska
Commercialized radioimmunoassay products by designing and running stability studies, and optimizing production runs.
Clinical Chemistry & Clinical Immunology Laboratory Technologist
Bon Secours Good Samaritan Hospital (Good Samaritan Hospital)
1974 – 1976
Provided basic and advanced clinical chemistry and immunochemistry tests for inpatient and outpatient services.
Instructor, Clinical Laboratory Sciences
US Army Academy of Health Sciences, San Antonio, Texas
July 1971 – July 1973
Developed curricula, wrote and produced instructional video tapes, and taught courses in clinical chemistry for Military Occupational Specialties 92B20 (Basic), and 92B30 (Advanced) Laboratory Procedures at the Academy of Health Sciences